[FFmpeg-devel] DNXHD timecode for muxing

Robert Nagy ronag89 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:44:22 EET 2016

I would like to try and add timecode support into the dnxhd enc/dec.

The DNXHD part is pretty simple. However, I'm a little unsure how to make
sure the timecode is read and used during transcoding.

Basically I would like to be able to do:

ffmpeg -i input -timecode:v x -c:v dnxhd - | ffmpeg -i - c:v copy output.mov

Where the timecode from the first process is extracted and used in the mov
container.

Would appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to achieve this and
whether anyone would like to help out.