[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Revoke the decision of dropping ffserver

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:11:29 EET 2016

On 11/29/2016 5:04 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Seeing Nicolas is apparently very invested in ffserver, can we expect him to
>> maintain it, improve and extend it if it were to remain in the tree?
>
> How is this related?
> For which part of FFmpeg can we "expect" anybody to maintain it?

He's trying to override an announced project decision of removing a feature.
If he has no interest in making sure said feature doesn't go back to the
state that prompted its removal, then he's simply trying to force the project
to keep code someone else will have to deal with.

It would make much more sense in that case if the actual person interested and
willing to deal with the code to be behind these decision revoking attempts.

>> Or is he just fighting this fight to not remove code for the sake of
>> not removing code, and will forget about it and expect someone
>> else to deal with it if it starts bitrotting again?
>
> This is a violation of our code-of-conduct or do I misunderstand you?

How so? If he's not going to maintain the code he's campaigning to keep in
place, then he obviously expects someone else will, right? How is stating that
a violation of the CoC?