[FFmpeg-devel] lurking bugs in the mmx-related assembler code (?)

u-9iep at aetey.se u-9iep at aetey.se
Mon Oct 3 13:45:13 EEST 2016

> > http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/src/malloc/malloc.c#n114
>
> Urgh. This is even worse than I imagined. FFmpeg is using undefined
> behaviours by calling it without resetting the state, but this is also
> completely undefined behaviour on their side.

I feel a duty to remind, in the most positive and friendly tone:

The author of the referred code acts in his actual area of competence
(C libraries and standards).

The comments here on the C library code and standard compliance come from
developers having a different competence area (multimedia programming).

As bright as the people here are, they land in a foreign area, which
accidentally leads to statements like the above.

Regards,
Rune