[FFmpeg-devel] [OPW] OPW Project Proposal

Pallavi Kumari pallavikumari.in at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:19:42 EEST 2016

>> iam interrested, i intend to mentor only one applicant though
>> iam also the mentor for "Improve Selftest coverage"
>> (hint .... if someone wants to take mentoring that over for example ...)

Thank you for your interest :)
Is there any applicant for ''Improve Selftest coverage'' ?

>> Do you have a suggeted entry for
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/Outreachy/2016-12
>> for this project ?

This idea was proposed by me. I wanted to check first if it's relevant to
community. The community has show immense interest so, I was looking for
mentor(s). I would be happy to add this idea on the link mentioned above
(if I have permission) or some one with the edit permission can do it.

>> also, important, we need a qualification task which should be a small
>> part of the whole that shows that the applicant is qualified/able to
>> do the project, any suggestion ?

A small task could be writing a module that reads a sound file extract
sound information and frame rate also find point of interests (peak
intensity points) and plot it on graph. Also add a unit test for this
module.

what do you think?

Thanks and regards,
Pallavi