[FFmpeg-devel] comma at the end of enumerator lists

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Sun Oct 16 22:51:32 EEST 2016

Le quintidi 25 vendémiaire, an CCXXV, Michael Behrisch a écrit :
> Today my pull request https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/pull/237 has been
> rejected which tried to remove the comma at the end of enumerator lists
> which triggers a warning when compiling with gcc and -Wpedantic. I still
> think it could be a good idea to remove this, especially in the cases
> where the enumerator list already ends in some _NB item, which seems to
> be the final one "forever", but I am here to learn :-).

The final comma could be removed for these enums, but what would be the
point? For all other enums, the comma is there for good reasons (more
logical, patches adding new values easier to read) and completely valid.

If you want to improve things, go convince gcc to remove that useless
warning. In my experience, gcc's pedantic warnings are most often useless.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George