[FFmpeg-devel] comma at the end of enumerator lists

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 14:18:20 EEST 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 23:23:31 +0200, Michael Behrisch wrote:
> My main reason is that we are compiling with different compilers for
> different platforms

If you're trying to keep ffmpeg more portable, you could at least try
the real-life thing and actually attempt to build with Sun Studio or
newer ICC or whatever you have in mind, and report back what actual
problems they pose. That said, have you seen the amount of
platforms+compilers already covered in fate alone?

> I cannot think of any but to be honest I cannot even tell exactly which
> warnings are enabled by which of the -Wall, -Wextra and -Wpedantic flags
> and it is surprisingly hard to find out.

I agree. I also agree warnings should be eliminated, but some are just
useless or wrong or whatever, so often nothing to worry about if you
explicitly switched them on.

Moritz