[FFmpeg-devel] decode_slice_header error

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Oct 27 17:55:44 EEST 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:26:09 +0000, Stefano Carucci wrote:
> I came across an issue while decoding the H264 elementary stream with the following error:

This is the development list, not the usage list.

> [h264 @ 0x1851540] Found reference and non-reference fields in the
> same frame, which is not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to
> the newest one from Git. If the problem still occurs, it means that
> your file has a feature which has not been implemented.

Did you read that message?

> ffmpeg version 2.1.8 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers

This version is 1.5 years old, and hasn't received new features in the
last three years. You need to update.

Please follow the instructions above first, and then refer to the
ffmpeg-user mailing list for support:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/contact.html

Moritz

P.S.: That's not saying your issue is solved in the meantime. I don't
      know about that.