[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg 3.3

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 02:04:46 EEST 2017

On 3/31/2017 6:42 PM, James Almer wrote:
> On 3/31/2017 3:19 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> wm4 and ubitux stated on irc that now is a bad time to release due to
>>> the many recent merges
>>>
>>> so what shall we do ?
>>> should we release now (as in a few days) anyway ?
>>>
>>> should we wait till the merge rate slows down ? (no idea when that will
>>> be or in what condition the tree will then be)
>>>

>>> should we make a 3.3 release from 0bab78f7e729a76ea7a8cbec7f1de033c52494e8
>>> that is 3 weeks ago with backports ?
>>
>> heres 0bab78f7e729a76ea7a8cbec7f1de033c52494e8 with commits backported
>> till master of today ommiting merges, anything changing version (cant be
>> backported due to conflicting version numbers)

Right, forgot the thing about version bumps.

I guess it's always possible to revert the commits that bumped library
version in release/3.3 after recutting it at the point i mentioned below.
Afaik the only one so far (outside of the post release bump) is one that
added two functions to spherical.h, so it should be harmless.