[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Reviewing merges

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Tue Apr 25 02:48:40 EEST 2017

i apologize in advance for replying to this email and not carls, but
be assured i am replying to both carl and wm4 here.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:13:32 +0200, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:00:41 +0200
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> > But if the regressions remain unfixed, it is a little surprising
> > to speak about "no major issues", don't you agree?
>
> Which regressions? You claim they exist, yet you never mention any of
> those by name. Maybe you're lying, joking, having problems due to
> English not being your native language like you often mention, etc.?

guys... maybe just ... less words and post more trac urls.

> Now most/all distros have switched from Libav to FFmpeg. Do you see
> Libav being forced to merge FFmpeg API? No? then why was FFmpeg
> "forced" to do it?
>
> I'd really like to know your thoughts about this (we all know they are
> free of lies and jokes, no worries).

wm4 and carl, can you maybe take this conversation and write
libav/ffmpeg history up somewhere else? no one here cares to read 6
year old history again on ffmpeg-devel.

seriously, please. not here. not again. NO ONE WANTS TO READ THIS.
no one cares who is right carl or wm4. fight elsewhere. not here.

> Well, and I find your personal issues with the Libav project odd, to
> say the least.

personal issues arent ffmpeg-devel technical discussions, please take
this private off list. please oh please. both carl and wm4 please.

> > > Frankly you're on the level of an aggressive troll, and always have
> > > been when it came to things related to Libav.

calling people names like troll probably not good idea in professional
environment. also maybe CoC violation.

> Let me make this clear: we WILL be friendly with the Libav project. We
> WILL work towards reunification with it. We WILL work towards reducing
> conflict with it. We WILL make an effort to reach these goals. The past
> does not matter, there was shit on both sides. Please remove the shit
> still remaining on one of the sides.

mostly positive. although i wonder what is being called shit here
though. but i will wonder off-list.

-compn