[FFmpeg-devel] [DISCUSSION] Motion Estimation API/Library

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Aug 1 16:45:03 EEST 2017

Le quartidi 14 thermidor, an CCXXV, Rostislav Pehlivanov a écrit :
> I think I'd rather have it as a separate module. The part of the code could
> grow to be quite big and the API quite complex depending on the needs of
> encoders and filters.

At this point in time, there are five C files and a couple of asm files
per arch, I think it is premature to speculate about what it can become
later. Plus, I do not really see the problem in having many files; a
good naming discipline like for filters is all we need.

On the other hand, right now, yet another library has many drawbacks:
more complex and slower build, a name collision with a (rather obscure)
Android library, more spaghetti dependencies for the users.

I am with Clément on this issue, although I do not care about which
component it gets in.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George