[FFmpeg-devel] Offer paid job to maintain ffserver: seeking interested developers

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 18:54:43 EEST 2017

On 8/25/2017 12:43 PM, wm4 wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:09:24 -0300
> Rodrigo Severo <rodrigo at fabricadeideias.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I'm resending this email, now with a proper subject line, as per Ivan
>> Kalvachev suggestion.
>>
>> My company does some video recording and internal streaming.
>>
>> Our current solution (on Ubuntu 16.10 servers) uses ffmpeg and
>> ffserver (versions 3.0.7). It works great.
>>
>> Unfortunately, on Ubuntu 17.04, it stopped working. I believe the
>> problems I'm facing are related to the deprecation of ffserver. On
>> Ubuntu 17.04 the ffmpeg/ffserver available is version 3.2.4.
>>
>> I would like to know if there is any developer(s) interested in
>> assuming a paid job to maintain ffserver making it compatible with
>> present and future ffmpeg versions (most important part) and
>> eventually implementing new features.
>>
>> Are any of you interested?
>>
>> Please contact me privately if interested so we can further detail
>> what should be done.
>>

> You should add "re-add ffserver" to the job description, because it's
> going to be removed soon.

Removed then re added to the tree doesn't change anything as far as the
job offer goes. He wants someone to develop ffserver or something like it.

If someone fixes the internal API usage in ffserver right now, then
that's ok and it will not be removed during the next bump.
If nobody fixes the internal API usage on time, then that's ok as well.
ffserver will be removed, then it or a brand new program that properly
uses the public API can be (re)added at a latter date.