[FFmpeg-devel] [rfc] ffmpeg security issue mailing list

Compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Thu Feb 9 16:07:39 EET 2017

On Thu, 09 Feb 2017 13:24:53 +0000, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv>
wrote:

> > I dont think we should give access to ffmpeg-security to everyone who
> > wants to be on the list. This is of course something the community
> > has to decide and not me, iam just err-ing on the safe side and am very
> > restrictive on who is added.
> >

> This is a bogus argument considering how many people have commit access and
> can commit whatever.

honestly with the fearmongering? are you saying the russian ffmpeg
developers can just commit whatever they want whenever they want?! also
there are some chinese ffmpeg developers! even the president says china
cant be trusted! the russians hacked the election and now they will put
backdoors in ffmpeg!?!?!

(this email is satire btw... i do not believe russia affected the us
election, nor brexit. and china is cool with me.)

if kierank and wm4 want on the -security list, please put them on the
security list. i doubt anyone will vote against their inclusion on the
list. count this as my vote for any current regular developers (e.g.
the ones on irc or the non-irc devs if they have more than 1 year
committing) to be subscribed if they want.

thanks for reading.

-compn