[FFmpeg-devel] [community vote] add devs to -security alias

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Feb 9 20:11:54 EET 2017

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 12:50:48PM -0500, Compn wrote:
> as stated , this is a community issue, so heres the vote thread.
>
> vote to add kieran and wm4 to ffmpeg-security email alias.
>
> any votes for or against?
> votes will be tallied in 2 weeks. active committers/contributors will be
> counted.
>
> if you have ideas for how the -security should be handled, make a new
> thread.
>
> if you have comments about anything else, please make a different
> thread or talk on irc.
>
> this is the vote thread only. please oh please, just can we have one
> simple vote thread with no off-topic or flames? just once?
>
> "i vote for kieran and wm4 to be added to the ffmpeg-security email"

The vote should be on the rule not the people.

As in what kind of people should be on the security list.

I mean seriously, we dont discuss if everyone, all maintainers,
everyone who wants to be, or only everyone who needs to be or ...
should be there but we vote if 2 specific people should be added ?!

thats like voting who should get a driving license instead of what
tests one need to pass to get a driving license
I think that would be really bad for driving saftey.
and IMO it cannot be good for ffmpeg security if we do this

What does censorship reveal? It reveals fear. -- Julian Assange