[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2017

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:01:13 EET 2017

Hi Pedro,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Pedro Arthur <bygrandao at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Before we get into adding new things to swscale: I will veto anything
> that
> > doesn't use the provided API in libavutil. So no new SWS_CS_*.
> >
> > Maybe is there something that doesn't use libavutil in swscale that can
> be
> turned in a qualification task? like port xxx to use libavutil? or yet a
> full GSoC project?

Just structure the new addition so it uses the libavutil API (AV_CSP_*).
This isn't difficult. My condition is simply no new public API in swscale
to deal with YCgCo, it should internally understand the external libavutil
API. Applications should only need the (already-existing) libavutil API.

Ideally a decoder can output ycgco and use swscale to convert this AVFrame
and into a different AVFrame of any format (or size). As you see,
conceptually no new API was needed, we just used avutil API (AVFrame with
given colorspace). I just want to make sure we indeed implement it this way.

Ronald