[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2017 MPEG-4 ALS codec project

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sat Feb 18 23:55:27 EET 2017

Hi,

> My name is George and I am a PhD student at Stanford. I am interested
> in the MPEG-4 ALS codec project for this year's GSoC program.
>
> Should I go straight into attempting to fix a bug of ALS on the
> tracker as a qualification task and if so do you have a specific one
> to recommend?

yes you might do your qualification task right away.

Hmm... you might try to fix #5297. If you encounter the use of get_unary() have a close look at this. IIRC it has to handle the termination bit differently than default to fix this issue. (I might misremember, though).

We should continue this thread off-list and mail directly for discussion.

-Thilo