[FFmpeg-devel] possible to create a new ffmpeg-xcam plugin in video filters

Wind Yuan feng.yuan at linux.intel.com
Sun Jan 22 10:17:18 EET 2017

Hi there,
     I'm planning to implement a new video filter xcam-filter in ffmpeg.
It's from libXCam(https://github.com/01org/libxcam/wiki) which is a
project opensourced in 2015 and focusing on image/video quality
improvement and video analysis with HW acceleration, especially on GPU.
     ffmpeg xcam-filter may have following features which were already
enabled in libXCam. We have customers who want use ffmpeg HW codec and
libXCam HW filter work together in their cases.
1. Wavelet based bayes shrink Noise Reduciton,
2. 3D Noise Reduction,
3. Wide Dynamic Range,
4. Defog/Dehaze
5. Digital Video Stabilization
and more.

My questions are
1. Does ffmpeg have interests on the above features?
2. Can ffmpeg accept this new video filter fmpeg-xcam?
3. libXCam is in C++ language, any ffmpeg plugins with C++
implementation OR have to convert to standard C interface?

Thanks,
Wind Yuan