[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.3

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:22:15 EET 2017

> Not sure about your definition of "regression".

An issue that was not reproducible with earlier versions (of FFmpeg).

> The given scenario works for FFmpeg <= 2.6 but fails with
> versions between 2.7 and 3.2.

Then the patch should of course be backported.

> Besides, I'd think the fix is low on side effect risks. What are your
> concerns?

That people start backporting random patches (as happened in the
past), making our releases that unfortunately see very limited
support even worse (backporting patches of course leads inevitably
to even more regressions).

Carl Eugen