[FFmpeg-devel] opensource investigation for a new solution

Cristian Lorenzetto cristian.lorenzetto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:23:48 EEST 2017

we are thinking to develop a MediaSource(MSE technology) object for the
browsers not having it (IE , Safari).
It permits pratically to add sequential chunks to a buffer for playing a
video/audio.
For doing it we need a javascript decoder permitting to add chunks of a
file/stream and receive frames we can render with canvas at specific rate.

There are opensource projects  converted ffmpeg from c language to
javascript and used the lib for render a video passing a entire file.
No one for now was able to make the same thing for a generic stream.

We are trying to do it, but we need a support by you for understanding how
use ffmpeg for doing it.