[FFmpeg-devel] Multiprogram mode for mpeg TS

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Jun 27 18:32:44 EEST 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 12:51:08PM +0300, ffmpeg at a.legko.ru wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2017, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
>
> >Individual changes should be submitted as seperate patches. Having
> >several unrelated changes in one patch makes it impossible to apply or
> >even properly review it.
> all changes are related:
>
> multiprog cannot exist when some of prog goes away (pthread ends in
> ffmpeg.c) (this touches stream looping too).
>
> options MUST be set in ffmpeg_ops.c to make it possible to name and
> separate each prog in TS. thus ops.c is corrected.
>
> mpegtsenc.c - all changes above used here.
>
> applying patch to the latest git causes no trouble, as I can see..

libavformat has a API and ABI (ffmpeg and others) are using it.

If you change libavformat, its needed to update the version of
libavformat. And to ensure the changes do not break ABI/API

Changes to a application using libavformat do not belong in that the
same patch that changed the lib.
There are many applications using libavformat both in our git and in
many other git repositories from other projects.

Modern terrorism, a quick summary: Need oil, start war with country that
has oil, kill hundread thousand in war. Let country fall into chaos,
be surprised about raise of fundamantalists. Drop more bombs, kill more
people, be surprised about them taking revenge and drop even more bombs
and strip your own citizens of their rights and freedoms. to be continued