[FFmpeg-devel] Trac notification not working

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue May 2 21:11:44 EEST 2017

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 02:08:32PM -0500, Home-Email wrote:
> I hope this is the right place to send the following notification.
> I tried to use the Trac system but was locked out by the sign-up
> procedure. It has been going on for so long I have forgotten what I was
> going to send as a bug report.
>
> The following message is at the head of any trac.ffmpeg.org document I
> open:
>
> "Warning: Your permissions have been limited until you verify your
> email address."
>
> It contains a link to https://trac.ffmpeg.org/verify_email
> where Verify Email tells me:
>
> "An email was sent to inhissteps at eastex.net with a token to verify your
> new address. Please check your email and enter the token in the form
> below.
> You can change your email address, if it is incorrect."
>
> but despite clearing out my spam catcher regularly I have not seen any
> verification emails sent to my address.  As you can see the email
> address matches the one I am sending from today.
>
> I am at a loss for how to proceed.

a quick look at the logs shows several lines with
"host etnhn06.eastex.net[66.171.0.52] refused to talk to me: 521 This system is configured to reject mail from 79.124.17.100"

So it seems your mail server rejects mail from our server

I suggest you look at why your server rejects mail or use a different
mail provider

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato