[FFmpeg-devel] Getting access to FATE server

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Wed May 17 13:40:21 EEST 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Bob Kirnum <bkirnum at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I've been trying for about a week to get access to FATE server in order
> to start the process for submitting patches.  Sent several emails to the
> fate-admin with my system's public key but no reply.  Is there something
> not listed in the instructions which I need to do in order to expedite
> access?  Is this normal?

You don't need access to the FATE server to submit patches, you can
run FATE locally to ensure it passes.
Refer to https://ffmpeg.org/fate.html#Using-FATE-from-your-FFmpeg-source-directory
- Step 3 is only meaningful if you want to setup a new FATE box that
runs continously on some unique configuration which we do not have
already.

The central FATE system only serves as an automated regression testing
suite on a variety of hardware and software configurations that not
every developer has access to - but it only tests changes after they
are reviewed and pushed to Git, so after you submitted patches - at
which point you should already have tested with a local FATE system to
ensure it passes at all.

- Hendrik