[FFmpeg-devel] On in-tree external headers

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:42:01 EET 2017

> On 05/11/17 18:28, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>> On 30/10/17 19:51, Mark Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> "No external headers may be included in the ffmpeg tree."
>>
>> So you suggest to remove the Nvidia header?
> If that specific policy is adopted then it would have to be.

Then I don't think this policy is useful.

Iirc, there is a second external header, I have never used
either of those but judging from user response, both features
are heavily used making a removal a no-go.

> Alternative proposals are welcome.

I don't really understand:
It was mentioned several times in the relevant thread - and
I completely agree - that the fact that one external header
is present is no argument to add another. (And iirc - and
again I agree - it was also argued that pushing on this
argument is not a good idea.)
If you believe adding the AMD header makes sense, it may
possibly be added, if you are against it, it will likely not be
added.

Carl Eugen