[FFmpeg-devel] avcodec/hapqa_extract_bsf : add bsf filter for haqqa (to hapq or hapalpha only) conversion (WIP)

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:55:26 EET 2017

> > In attach patch to add a new bitstream filter
> >
> > The goal is to convert HAPQA file to HAPQ (removing alpha)
> > or HAPAlphaOnly (remove rgb)
>
> Could you explain the usecase?

Split HAPQA in two files can be useful when events player doesn't support
the HAPQA version (two texture). So we need to split in two files

Removing alpha, can be useful when graphic artist, output file with alpha,
but alpha can be "replace" by blending mode (so we can reduce size, GPU
bandwith need (specially when using several high resolution layer))

Only keeping alpha :
An use, can be to output an HAPQA using Quicktime official plugin (who
doesn't support HAP Alpha Only), and keep only the Alpha part. In other
words, it's a way to create HAP Alpha Only file

Martin