[FFmpeg-devel] Added HW H.264 and HEVC encoding for AMD GPUs based on AMF SDK

Timo Rothenpieler timo at rothenpieler.org
Thu Nov 23 00:36:23 EET 2017

>> I'd like to look through it again and test a bit more (will try to do so
>> tomorrow, certainly by the end of the week), but I think it should be ready to
>> commit with the external header removed.
>
> Are you planning to remove Nvidia headers as well?

No, I am very much against this.
And others have also voiced against that.

Also, I don't see a problem with including this AMD header. It very much
increases the accessibility and maintainability(no need to watch out for
potential breaking upstream changes, however likely that might be).
Having those vendor-specific hwaccels enabled in otherwise generic
builds gives a lot of people easy access, or access at all.

It also might make them potential usage candidates for browsers, no idea
how their weird lawyer-code-review system works though, and if it has
any impact to avoid external dependencies.