[FFmpeg-devel] warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean '-Wno-bool-conversion'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]

Mark Thompson sw at jkqxz.net
Tue Oct 10 17:48:57 EEST 2017

On 10/10/17 15:31, Bjorn Roche wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Helmut K. C. Tessarek
> <tessarek at evermeet.cx> wrote:
>
>> I get thousands of these warnings when compiling ffmpeg:
>>
>> warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean
>> '-Wno-bool-conversion'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]
>>
>> I compile on Mac O
>
> SX 10.11.6 with Apple LLVM version 8.0.0
>> (clang-800.0.42.1).
>>

> I see this too. Did not see it a few days ago.
>
> OS X 10.12.6
>
> Apple LLVM version 9.0.0 (clang-900.0.37)
>
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0
>
> Thread model: posix

This warning was enabled one way:
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c2d155e11ee5ec732d471982f2dee43703bcd5a7>
Reverted because it caused problems similar to what you are seeing with some versions of GCC:
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c154c34c1b37f570ee879560903af1a1a26153e1>
And then reapplied in a different form:
<http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c585b4e9f0b30b2ce60a48246f6fe656b4fb3957>

Can you confirm that it happens for you on a clean build including the last of these commits (and, in particular, not just the first)?  If that is the case, we may need to reconsider it again.

Thanks,

- Mark