[FFmpeg-devel] warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean '-Wno-bool-conversion'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Tue Oct 10 22:26:39 EEST 2017

On 2017-10-10 10:48, Mark Thompson wrote:
> This warning was enabled one way:
> <http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c2d155e11ee5ec732d471982f2dee43703bcd5a7>

Yep, I can see warnings:
warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean
'-Wno-bool-conversion'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]

> Reverted because it caused problems similar to what you are seeing with some versions of GCC:
> <http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c154c34c1b37f570ee879560903af1a1a26153e1>

Warnings are gone !!!

> And then reapplied in a different form:
> <http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=c585b4e9f0b30b2ce60a48246f6fe656b4fb3957>

Yep, and there they are again:
warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-bool-operation'; did you mean
'-Wno-bool-conversion'? [-Wunknown-warning-option]

> Can you confirm that it happens for you on a clean build including the last of these commits (and, in particular, not just the first)?  If that is the case, we may need to reconsider it again.

So, it seems that this options is not available on certain gcc and clang
compilers.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/