[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] Merge commit '7cb1d9e2dbbe5bf4652be5d78cdd68e956fa3d63'

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 23:04:53 EEST 2017

On 10/12/2017 4:44 PM, Helmut K. C. Tessarek wrote:
> I'm building ffmpeg for the last 6 years and provide snapshots and
> releases for OSX.
>
> On 2017-10-12 15:00, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>> what's your configure line?
>
> ./configure --cc=/usr/bin/clang --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg
> --extra-version=tessus --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig
> --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype
> --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame
> --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopus
> --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora
> --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
> --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265
> --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi
> --enable-version3 --disable-ffplay
>
>> how is freetype built?
> ./configure --prefix=${TARGET} --without-png --disable-shared
> --enable-static --with-harfbuzz=no
>

> Please note that I build static ffmpeg binaries and I have an isolated
> dev env, so that no other libs than system libs and libs that I have
> compiled are used.
>
> I also had to set the following to satisfy build dependency issues due
> to errors in the build process (wrong dependencies in configure and/or
> pkg_config files).
>
> export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lstdc++ -lass -lfontconfig -lexpat -lenca
> -lfribidi -lfreetype -framework CoreText"

Sounds like pkg-config is not providing you with the required deps.
Since you're doing a static build with static external libraries, try
adding "--pkg-config-flags=--static" to your configure line.

> I'm pretty sure I can fix my problem by just adding all libraries that
> can't be found to LDFLAGS, but this is just a workaround and does not
> solve the root problem.
>
> e.g. why do I have to specify libfontconfig manually, although the
> fontconfig.pc is perfectly valid? That was a rhetorical question.

Adding --static to --pkg-config-flags might let you remove some of these
custom ldflags. But probably not all.