[FFmpeg-devel] HEVC ARM optimization

Jan Ekstrom jeebjp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 19:29:33 EEST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Shengbin Meng <shengbinmeng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to know if anyone is dong or interested in ARM optimization for the native HEVC decoder in FFmpeg?

Of course we are interested in optimizations. An example of how they
can be integrated is available @
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=ffbd1d2b0002576ef0d976a41ff959c635373fdc
(this is for VP9, but the idea is similar).

For HEVC we already have some of the ground work available such as
libavcodec/arm/hevcdsp_init_{arm,neon}.c , latter of which is what
sets the DSP function pointers. You can see if your existing SIMD can
fit into any of the functions that are defined by the HEVCDSPContext.

Best regards,
Jan