[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.5 / 4.0

Timo Teras timo.teras at iki.fi
Mon Apr 16 14:40:06 EEST 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:24:48 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> release/4.0 branched
> next is the release in a few days.
> If theres something i should wait for please say so and CC me
> also please backport all bugfixes to 4.0

I was hoping to get my patches in for the release:

- ffprobe: report unavailable SAR correctly in stream info
  * lgtm from Rotislav
  https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-April/228141.html

- avformat/movenc: support writing iTunes cover image
  * Rostislav has reviewed, and wanted it for 4.0 too
  * latest patched updated per his review comments at:
    https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-April/228264.html

- ffprobe: report DAR even if SAR is undefined
  * happy to do alternate fix if the patch solution not acceptable
  https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-April/228284.html

If it's too late that's understandable, but hopefully these could get
backported to 4.0 branch too.

Thanks for considering,
Timo