[FFmpeg-devel] github

Tomas Härdin tjoppen at acc.umu.se
Thu Apr 26 22:42:41 EEST 2018

tor 2018-04-26 klockan 13:15 +0200 skrev Daniel Oberhoff:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is any chance to move development to github?
> I.e. not just mirror, but as primary development repo, with issues
> and pull requests? Would make collaboration a *lot* easier (think of
> submitting a pr instead of having to generate/format/split patches).

There is no reason to move to a siren server like github when we
already have working infrastructure. There's also the issue of not
being able to take one's data and go. While the code can be moved,
tickets cannot.

PR quality is an issue too, as others have noted.

GitLab might be nice however, but we'd need a way to import all trac
tickets, with ticket numbers and URLs intact. But I don't think we'd
gain much from that.

/Tomas