[FFmpeg-devel] Patch to add avcintra-flavor option from x264

Gyan Doshi gyandoshi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:30:55 EET 2018

On 06-12-2018 02:26 PM, Steinar Apalnes wrote:
> This patch adds the new "avcintra-flavor" to the -x264opts. The
> avcintra-flavor option in x264 adds the possibility to create the Sony XAVC
> flavor of avcintra. Default is Panasonic.
>
> Tested OK.
>
> -steinar

Why is this needed? All key=value pairs added through -x264opts and
-x264-params are evaluated by x264 and not ffmpeg. Indeed, I just tested
it with avcintra-flavour=sony and x264 accepts it - x264 complains if I
mangle the key or value string.

Also, your patch adds an AVOption and a new member to the wrapper's
context struct but does not convey the value to x4->params. I don't see
how it has any effect.

Gyan