[FFmpeg-devel] Pull requests

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 00:07:29 EET 2018

On 2/26/2018 6:39 PM, Bjorn Roche wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Your docs (https://ffmpeg.org/developer.html) say:
>
> There are 3 ways by which code gets into FFmpeg.
>
> - Submitting patches to the main developer mailing list. See Submitting
> patches for details.
> - Directly committing changes to the main tree.
> - Committing changes to a git clone, for example on github.com or
> gitorious.org. And asking us to merge these changes.
>
> The third method appears to be new (Hooray!) but I noticed that the GitHub
> repo here
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/pulls
>
> still has a single PR that says
>
> "WARNING: PULL REQUESTS ON THIS REPOSITORY ARE IGNORED"
>
> I have a patch I'd like to submit -- can I submit a PR on GitHub, or no?

No. Reviewing takes place on this ml, so you'll in any case always have
to send your patches here.

You can push said patch to any public repository after it has been
reviewed and then ask us here to merge them, but more often than not
whoever reviews patches just applies them as sent here, especially when
it's only one.