[FFmpeg-devel] h264: fix RTSP stream decoding

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Jan 4 00:49:36 EET 2018

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 12:54:03PM +0300, sergey at gavrushkin.com wrote:
> > The error code returned by decode_extradata_ps() is inconsistent after this
> > its not "if any failed" it is returning an error if the last failed
>
> Sorry, I don't get how it is supposed to work. I just found the previous implementation and checked which commit broke it.

if a loop running multiple iterations each decoding a "packet"
then a failure of packet n should be treated the same as a failure
of packet n+1
The code after the patch would return failure if the last packet fails
but not if a earlier packet fails

Note this is seperate from continuing to decode all packets.
the code can continue after an error but still declare an error at the end
or it could never decalare an error.
Either way it should not treat the last iteration special

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato