[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avcodec/avcodec.h: Add encryption info side data

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:27:41 EET 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:22:31 -0800
Jacob Trimble <modmaker-at-google.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Just noticed the new files were in libavcodec, moved to libavutil.
> Can someone please review this so it can be pushed.  I have the MP4
> implementation ready and I would like to get that reviewed and pushed
> as soon as possible.

I'd assume we'd wait with applying this until the mp4 patch that uses
it is reviewed. I'm fine with this patch and I think it can be pushed
as it is, although I just noticed an APIchanges entry and minor version
bump is actually missing. You could add them when sending the final
patch set.

Maybe getting confirmation from Michael Niedermayer that it's safe to
proceed would be good (i.e. that the patch will be accepted without
major changes).

It's also possible that others are fine with pushing it now, but I'd
argue it should wait until something uses it.

(Personally I don't really appreciate the complexity of exporting this
metadata, when libavformat can already decrypt the data internally. But
I suppose it has valid use cases.)