[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2018

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Jan 12 04:06:29 EET 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 09:17:06PM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
> Am 11.01.18 um 19:45 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:
> > On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 02:43:01PM -0200, Pedro Arthur wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> What about a Super Resolution filter? lately there was much research in
> >> this area, mainly in Single Image Super Resolution.
> >> I think it would be an interesting experiment, and maybe we could get
> >> something useful from it.
> >
> > this sounds very interresting, yes
>
> +1. If you would like to mentor such a task please feel free to define a task on the wiki page.

I would first have to read up on the subject as iam not up to date on
this.
Also it would likely need some neural net. Here the question of
what lib or a native implementation would arrise.

if pedro is up to date on this stuff, then maybe he wants to mentor this

either way, links to relevant research, tests, literature are welcome

thx

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.