[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2018

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:26:44 EET 2018

On 15 January 2018 at 22:08, Pedro Arthur <bygrandao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Added an entry in the ideas page for the super resolution project. I'd like
> to know if any one could be co-mentor with me? just in case my studies
> conflicts with mentoring as gsoc overlaps with half of my phd period.
> Also I need to think about a reasonable qualification task, if anyone have
> any idea let me know.

I think actually writing and reading papers for the filter is pointless -
RAVU already exists in shader form, its well known in the community and
we'll essentially get it for free once the Vulkan backend is complete.
What the task should be would be to make a CPU-only version of the shaders.
Also the qualification task you just put in is already done - there's
already a filter to convolve 2 images.