[FFmpeg-devel] Testing releases (fate)

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:06:56 EEST 2018

On 7/16/2018 7:29 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just wanted to remind everyone who submits fate tests to fate.ffmpeg.org
> that testing releases is also a good idea.
> It feels like iam the only one testing release/2.8 for example when
> i look at http://fatebeta.ffmpeg.org/v2.8

For such old releases that only a few select distros care about, we
could suggest them to set up a couple fate instances, if anything of at
least the kind of build they'd ultimately ship. After all, if it weren't
for their LTS releases, we wouldn't even keep supporting old ffmpeg
releases.
They all obviously test them internally at the time of packaging, and
some like Debian do it constantly, so setting up a fate instance should
be feasible.

If any distro maintainer is reading the list, can you look into this?