[FFmpeg-devel] Why does ffmpeg h264 decoder stop decoding when certain type of packets are coming in the input stream?

Naveed Basha naveedbasha at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 14:57:44 EEST 2018

Hi All,

I used av_read_frame to get the AVPacket from encoded h264 file. But when
this packet (00 00 01 05 94 5a 33 e7 4d 6b d7 ad 13 86 ff 47 83 93 31 f1 e3
0a) is in the input stream (h264 video) ffmpeg decoder stops decoding
frames for any subsequent AVPackets. But if I skip this packet to provide
to the decoder the next AVPackets decode just fine.

Could you please help me to find what is wrong with this packet? Or what is
wrong with the ffmpeg decoder?
Thanks,
Naveed