[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] FFserver: Add HLS and DASH

Stephan Holljes klaxa1337 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 28 03:51:00 EEST 2018

This patchset took embarrassingly long to produce. I first took a few wrong
turns, but I think I'm now at a point where I reached the limits of the
public server API in libavformat. The main problem is that I cannot set
options on clients that are accepted through http_accept(), for example
a timeout on socket operations, as currently a client that disconnects while
being sent a file causes the sending thread to loop infintely in a poll()-call.
I wonder if adding a different library handling the http server (as planned for
the future) would be better done now rather than later.

Another bug I cannot really explain so far (that may be because of my
unfamiliarity with DASH) is that with longer files the DASH stream starts to
repeat some fragments (at least in mpv) in weird ways. HLS does not have this
problem.

Another thing that is not yet handled are unmuxable codecs.

The patchset also includes some cleanup and other various fixes.