[FFmpeg-devel] fate/hap : add test for hap encoding

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 01:26:19 EET 2018

> >> Patch in attach, add test for hap encoding
>
> Why is this a good idea?

The question, is maybe why is this a wrong idea ?

> Does the specification explain how encoding has to be done?

Not sure i understand, the spec explain that hap use DXT encoding and
snappy, and explain the frame organization.

> This is very unusual, no?
>

> Even if so: Why are we testing an external library?

Hap encoding inside ffmpeg use an external lib (libsnappy), only for one
step of the encoding process (the lossless part)
DXT encoding, and frame organization is done "inside" ffmpeg.

Martin