[FFmpeg-devel] Soft Subtitles (DVB) size problem on direct convert MPEG-TS video

Eleftherios Antoniades elantoniades at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:18:36 EEST 2018

Hi,
Here is my case:

I have a MPEG-TS video file  with one video and one audio stream and i am
trying to create a direct video convert with adding a  DVBSUB stream inside
it. My original subs file is a stl file.

After many workarounds i finally managed to add the DVBSUB stream, after
converting the stl file into a sub file with idx. I used the idx, so i get
the palette information correct.

So the command i used is:

ffmpeg -i testvideo.ts -i subtitles.idx -map 0:v -map 0:a  -map 1 -c:v copy
-c:a copy -c:s:0 dvbsub -metadata:s:s:0 language=ell -streamid 2:151
output.ts

The video and subtitles size is 1920x1080, but the output.ts file comes out
with wrong subtitles size. It looks like the dvbsub codec converts the
dvbsubs stream in 720 size by default, rather 1080??

Is there a way to force the subs into the correct size?
Or, is there another way to achive that?

Best regards
Lefteris