[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 4.1

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Nov 1 21:20:55 EET 2018

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 03:31:04PM -0800, Lou Logan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Lou Logan wrote:
> >
> > The users on Twitter have been asked for their suggestions. Please let
> > me know a little while before you want to make the release and  I'll
> > post the results here.
>
> Results. Number of likes are in parentheses. Multiple suggestions from a single user are presented in one line.
>

> Carl (5)
> Dr. Wöhrl (3)

I think we should not name a release based on a still living person.

> Noether (3)
> uncut console output pls (2)
> Curie, Meitner, Lovelace, Hopper (1)
> [Muhammad ibn Musa] al-Khwarizmi (1)
> Wave
> Archimedes, Euclid, Thales, Pythagoras, Aristarchus, Eratosthenes, Hipparchus, Democritus, Heron
> Schrödinger
> Hawking
> Alan Turing
> Cooks
> gary the snail
> Tesla
> Gauss
> Chaplin
> William Sealy Gosset
> Sakharov
> Newton, Maxwell, Pythagoras, Archimedes
> Satoshi, Merkle
>
> <https://twitter.com/FFmpeg/status/1044658717550043138>
>
> Personally I prefer al-Khwarizmi or Gauss.

I like al-Khwarizmi too, it increaes diversity amongth the names
and IIUC with your and my vote that makes it 3 too.
So ill go with that but iam happy to pick some other if people
prefer and add votes still to this on the ML before the release

thx

Does the universe only have a finite lifespan? No, its going to go on
forever, its just that you wont like living in it. -- Hiranya Peiri