[FFmpeg-devel] avcodec/proresaw_enc : improvment (vendor and color properties, 4444Xq)

Martin Vignali martin.vignali at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:28:44 EET 2018

> So I applied these patches and it appears that ffmpeg will encode XQ as
> 10-bit, but it will decode as 12-bit. Is this intentional? I worry that I
> might have applied the patches incorrectly.  And is it possible to add
> 12-bit encoding?

Hello,

Seems like you applied patch "add 12b decoding in prores dec", and "add
Prores4444xq in prores_aw".

With these patchs, decoding of prores 4444, and 4444 XQ, are in 12b
But the encoding bitdepth is not modify (stay in 10b). The "Add Xq encoding
patch", only define quantif matrix, and target size.
Will be interesting to add later support to 12b input in prores_aw, but
doesn't know where to start to add 12b DCT (alpha 12b encoding is probably
easy to add)

Martin