[FFmpeg-devel] H.264 SEI Display Orientation Message support in ffplay

Omer Iqbal momeriqbal2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:53:42 EEST 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a quick look at mpv. Sadly it does not
seem to support H.264 SEI Display Orientation messages either :(. Please
correct me if I am wrong.
I also glanced at VLC. It doesn’t seem to use AV_FRAME_DATA_DISPLAYMATRIX
either.
I'm curious, does anyone know why this is not implemented in video players?
Considering it is part of the H.264 specification, and ffmpeg supports
decoding it?
Thanks alot!