[FFmpeg-devel] H.264 SEI Display Orientation Message support in ffplay

Kirill Gavrilov gavr.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:20:03 EEST 2018

Omer Iqbal <momeriqbal2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm curious, does anyone know why this is not implemented in video players?
> Considering it is part of the H.264 specification, and ffmpeg supports
> decoding it?

I believe that changing frame orientation within a stream is very awkward
and rare situation, which should be avoided.
So that there is almost nobody interested in handling use case which never
actually happen.

sView video player actually handles AV_FRAME_DATA_DISPLAYMATRIX in source
code, but I never had any video sample to test.
https://github.com/gkv311/sview/blob/master/StMoviePlayer/StVideo/StVideoQueue.cpp#L939