[FFmpeg-devel] Patchwork attribution

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Thu Apr 18 22:03:44 EEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019, at 4:51 AM, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:

> Whoever setup this ML sender rewriting thing should probably look into
> options to also re-write the patch content and add a "From:" line in
> there with the original name and email to avoid issues.

I enabled this due DMARC as Timo correctly pointed out. This was due to the seemingly increasing number of rejected/bounced messages from certain domains resulting in the recipient being automatically unsubscribed from the list. I changed this relatively recently (last month?). I was unaware of the patchwork issue.

This was implemented with the "dmarc_moderation_action" option within Mailman. It is currently set to "Munge from" and was previously set to "Accept". More info:

https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

There is no perfect solution to the DMARC situation as far as I know.