[FFmpeg-devel] [OT] Patchwork attribution

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Thu Apr 18 22:33:27 EEST 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019, at 11:09 AM, Nicolas George wrote:

> In my not-so-humble opinion, mailing-list operators should have refused
> these bad compromises. "Sorry, you cannot use mailing-lists with
> $operator, that is not our fault, they broke it on purpose."

The mail admin on the other side probably applied the same reasoning before enabling their reject policy.

Go through the archives and look at how many potential contributions we may have missed out on if we add more barriers due to being hardasses. Most users of services that have a reject DMARC policy probably don't know about that, it may be out of their control, and they may not have a choice of which address they send from.

We are an open project, so we should be strive to be open to contributions despite the bad decisions of other mail admins.