[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Project policy on closed source components

Marton Balint cus at passwd.hu
Mon Apr 29 00:14:02 EEST 2019

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2018-December/237070.html
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2019-March/240878.html
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2019-March/241233.html
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7589

>> 2) Should patches using closed source libraries which are not considered
>> "System Libraries" according to the GPL be rejected?

In addition to the threads above these might also be of some relevance:

https://ffmpeg-devel.ffmpeg.narkive.com/Ok5y3HXO/patch-0-3-codec-wrapper-for-librv11-and-rmhd-muxer-demuxer#post1
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2019-March/240913.html
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2019-March/241067.html

Feel free to add more threads with relevant discussion if I missed them.

>> Deadline for voting is 7 days from now.
>
> This could use a longer deadline, IMO. Especially if discussion could
> happen before some people decide to cast a vote.

Ok, let's it make 14 days from now the deadline then.

Thanks,
Marton