[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] avfilter/vf_yadif_cuda: Relicence cuda kernel to MIT
philipl at overt.org
Tue Feb 19 22:44:28 EET 2019
In practice, compiling a real-world cuda kernel requires the use of
the cuda SDK and specifically involves linking in some sort of
static library that implements various parts of the cuda API on
the GPU side.
As such, it's unclear to me whether it's even logically consistent
to place the cuda kernel source under the LGPL, because it might
be impossible to compile the code while fully respecting the licence.
All the other cuda kernels in the source are MIT licenced (as authored
by NVIDIA engineers), but I put the standard LGPL header on the kernel
for vf_yadif_cuda. After the question was raised, I think that it
should also be MIT licenced, to avoid any confusion about the ability
to comply with the LGPL when compiling it.
I am the sole author of the code in this file, and I did not use the
original vf_yadif code as the basis for it - rather, I read an english
language algorithm description from the doom9 forums.
Signed-off-by: Philip Langdale <philipl at overt.org>
libavfilter/vf_yadif_cuda.cu | 26 +++++++++++++++-----------
1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/libavfilter/vf_yadif_cuda.cu b/libavfilter/vf_yadif_cuda.cu
index 12e7e4a443..09dd9e240b 100644
@@ -3,19 +3,23 @@
* This file is part of FFmpeg.
- * FFmpeg is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
- * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
- * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
- * version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
+ * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
+ * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
+ * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without
+ * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute,
+ * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom
+ * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- * FFmpeg is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
- * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
- * Lesser General Public License for more details.
+ * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
+ * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
- * You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
- * License along with FFmpeg; if not, write to the Free Software
- * Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
+ * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
+ * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
+ * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
+ * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
+ * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
+ * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
+ * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel