[FFmpeg-devel] patch for a new H.264 codec

Tomas Härdin tjoppen at acc.umu.se
Tue Feb 26 17:16:25 EET 2019

tis 2019-02-26 klockan 14:26 +0000 skrev Yufei He:
> Hi Tomas
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> My codec is a hardware codec, it depends an dynamic library that goes
> with the M264 card.
>
> The way it works will be:
>
> 1>Our customers buy the card and install the drivers of it.
>
> 2>They Compile ffmpeg.
>
> 3>Call ffmpeg with codec option of m264.
>
> That's why I use dlopen to load the dynamic library that talks with the
> hardware.

Nothing in there indicates why dlopen() is a requirement. It is almost
always used for GPL circumvention, so you'd need to provide a very good
reason for why you need to do things via libdl.

I suggest taking a look at the other hwaccel codecs, and the
documentation as Nicolas suggests.

> Please help us check if it works in ffmpeg.

Testing if it works is kind of hard without the hardware.

/Tomas